CULTURAL DIFFERENCES CAN LEAD TO DIFFERENCES IN OPINION. DIVERSE POINTS OF VIEW CAN EITHER HELP OR HINDER THE SUCCESS OF AN ORGANIZATION, DEPENDING ON HOW YOU APPROACH THEM.
Communicating Across Differences is an interactive program designed to improve communication and provide participants with concrete strategies they can use immediately.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Strengthen employee relationships;
- Affirm a culture that is open and receptive to new ideas and strategies;
- Enhance the functioning of client teams;
- Reduce conflict and workplace tension; and
- Create heightened awareness and appreciation of diverse perspectives and
POINTS OF FOCUS
Participants will learn to identify their "hot button" issues around differences and develop techniques for having difficult conversations.
Attendees will role play and review situations that deal with difficult conversations, differences, and disagreements in the workplace environment.
Participants will discuss and practice step-by-step techniques for making such interactions more productive and satisfying for everyone involved.
This program is conducted in conjunction with Steve Marchese of Authentic Strategies, www.authenticstrategies.net, and has been approved by Minnesota continuing Legal Education for Elimination of Bias credit.